Sunday, April 09, 2006

Pullman: Better than I thought?

I just finished The Amber Spyglass and I have more good things to say about Pullman than I did last time. Coincidentally, I've also started reading The Broken Bridge, which I like just fine so far and may have more to say about later since the main character is named Ginny, just like a very respectable Rowling character we all know. Is my Rowling-Pullman character-naming theory shot through with this new revelation?!? I'm inclined to guess not, but I need to finish The Broken Bridge before I comment further.

Unfortunately for this post and for my progress in reading delightful fiction, I also have a paper due Tuesday and so must spend my time expositing about what Pierre Duhem might say about the type of theory that a "softer science" than physics, namely psysiology, ought to pursue. If you think that sounds interesting, that's because it is interesting. If you don't, then be glad I'm done writing here for now.

No comments: